Tuesday 26 August 2014

An Exclusive Interview With Usman Aiya.

by Odutola Oluwaseyifunmi

In an interview with  a local laundry man who has never use washing machine and used a charcoal iron for ironing, speaks about his passion for washing peoples cloth and ironing them for the past years.


Can we meet you sir?
My name is USMAN AIYA, am from Kaduna state. I am married with 2 kids

How long have you been doing this job?
5 years ago

Has it always been your dream in doing this job or did you find yourself doing it?
My passion has always been in shoe cobbling, to make shoe for people but when I got to Lagos I changed my mind to another business which is laundry because I love washing cloths and ironing

How did you start?
It has been God all this while, I don’t have advertisement anywhere and people have been patronizing me and for the past years have been doing this job I have never used a washing machine and I have never had any cause for any customer to complain about my job despite my small place

Do you do home services? 
Yes. I don’t only render services to the people within my community, but also in other places such as Ebuta Metta, Masha Kilo, Lagos island to do home service. Doing home services pays more because I charge more money than people bringing the cloth for me at home.

What is your advice for Nigerian?
There is no limitation to any business. I urge all Nigerians to endeavor in effort toward maintaining their talent, for which we are known African have talent.  

No comments:

Post a Comment