Wednesday 13 August 2014

Bribery and corruption

As I write this poem with my fountain but golden pen, I renumerate over bribery be corruption. It has soiled our country's name and dragged it into the mud. It has spread throughout the society and now we have it every where.
The police who are meant to defend us, fight for us and protect us from corruption, but they ate the ones that has worn corruption like a robe an officiating minister puts on in a cathedral, it has suck deep in their blood the way a cankerworms does to a plant, they collect bribe every now and then making illegal arrest... We are corrupt.
Government officials who are suppose to be responsible and accountable to the citizen, they rig election, you see them every four four years with bags of rice during election as if all that matters is food. the termper with all our resources they are looters, their head abroad and their anus at home they promise us heaven in hell, rat for proteins, candle for lights, underneath trees for school..... We are corrupt.
We are corrupt citizens of Nigeria because of out stomach structure we ate being deceived and robbed of our right, we are not being truthful, we sell our conscience for material things staking the future if the generation yet unborn.... We are corrupt
We ate corrupt youth of this generation, we allow the elites look down on us, use us as their machinery are we not suppose to be the change we desire instead we are involve in ferocious activities vanity upon vanity we are suppose to be useful to yield more revenue..... We are corrupt.
I am corrupt because am expecting my country to do something for me and never for once have I thought of what I can do for my country stop pointing figures..... We all are corrupt.

No comments:

Post a Comment